- Starting Gracefull Cafe with his wife
- Growing up as a pastor’s kid going out of obligation
- Feeling something was missing while seeming to have it all
- Moving to Uganda for 10 months
- Forgiving his parents because the Lord asked him to
- How Uganda changed his understanding of himself
- Noticing how his journal entries changed
- Learning to leave God space to work in his day
- The dream that convinced him it’s okay to go home
- Opening Gracefull Cafe and how it works
- Representing the entire community by creating a welcoming space
- Why we must learn people’s names
Great quotes from Troy:
While the Lord was holding me in his hands, he was breaking so many things about what I knew and understood about myself and about him.
Ugandans taught me more about my faith than I taught them.
Sometimes we plan God out of our schedule.
I didn’t know anything about community until I lived in it.
I need buckets of patience and truckfuls of trust.
Resources we mentioned: