Tina Smith is the founder of Raising Kids on Your Knees a ministry dedicated to equipping parents to pray and parent life into the lives of their children. It’s a journey she knows from experience having successfully done so with her four children. Today, Tina shares the disparity between her early faith and actions, how this led to an abortion, and the mentor who helped lead her to wholeness. Tina is a powerful prayer warrior whose story will inspire you to take everything to Jesus.
Listen to Tina’s story in your favorite podcast app now!
Stories Tina shared:
- Starting Raising Kids on Your Knees
- Growing up bouncing between the North and South U.S. not going to church
- Sensing God’s calling as a teenager
- The “path of destruction” in her life
- The disparity between her life and faith
- Her decision to have an abortion before marriage
- The breakdown of her marriage
- The mentor who came alongside her and began a process of healing
- Learning to hear the Holy Spirit
- The pastor who taught her spiritual warfare
- How prayer became a huge part of her story
- Following the Holy Spirit’s lead to start a podcast
Great quotes from Tina:
Relationships that begin in deceit end in deceit.
It takes a lot of years to grow old friends.
Pray for your kids.
Resources we mentioned:
- Tina’s website Raising Kids on Your Knees
- Tina’s podcasts: Raising Kids on Your Knees and Not All Heroes Wear Capes
- Praying Moms DO Matter
- Love Must Be Tough: New Hope for Marriages in Crisis by Dr. James Dobson
- Creating Calm in the Center of Crazy: Making Room for Your Soul in an Overcrowded Life by Nicole Johnson