Tim Winders is a performance coach to Executive Teams and Entrepreneurial Leaders. He is an author and the host of the SeekGoCreate podcast. He and his wife, Glori, have been married for over 30 years. They now consider themselves nomads as they currently travel, live, and work in their 39-foot RV named Theo. Today, Tim shares his longing for success, how he slowly lost his business during the Great Recession, and the new ministry the Lord gave him as a result. Tim’s story reminds us that the Lord wants the throne to our life.
Listen to Tim’s story now!
Stories Tim shared:
- Growing up in Atlanta
- How he made decisions based on his goals
- The moment his father’s heart was hardened toward the church
- Meeting his wife at Georgia Tech
- Going to church for political purposes
- Giving his life to Christ at an Amway conference
- Going into more of a prosperity Gospel
- How the prosperity Gospel shaped him
- Building businesses to high level of success
- Losing his business slowly in the Great Recession
- Isolating himself as he lost his idol of success
- Beginning to handle provision and a new assignment
- Starting his podcast SeekGoCreate
Great quotes from Tim:
Whining and begging is better than running and hiding.
I had an idol that was acceptable in society. My idol was pursuing success.
Always be working on your relationship with the Father.
Resources we mentioned: