Terry Wardle is a pastor, speaker, and author or Some Kind of Crazy:An Unforgettable Story of Profound Brokenness and Breathtaking Grace. Today, Terry shares his story of growing up in a rough family, surrendering to Christ after a wild night, and eventually breaking down under the weight of expectations. Terry eventually found healing in a psychiatric hospital and learned the process of healing prayer. Terry is still a miner but now, he mines gold in people’s souls not coal. I know his story will encourage you.
Listen to Terry’s story now!
Stories Terry shared:
- Leading a healing ministry
- Growing up in coal mining country in Pennsylvania
- Experiencing trauma as a child at the hands of his family who didn’t process trauma
- Developing a false self in his youth
- The revival that began to change his family
- Attending a crusade and experiencing Jesus
- Checking into a psychiatric facility
- Why emotions lead our experience
- How Jesus changed his understanding of his intellect
- Discovering Jesus’ suffering in Gethsemane as an example
- Beginning to share his story
- What keeps us from entering into healing
Great quotes from Terry:
I grew up in a world that communicated that “as you are you’re not enough.”
Christ doesn’t want just part of our story. He wants our whole story.
Jesus does some of his best work in the ditch.
The Church has to become an unconditionally loving, confidential, non-condemning, non-judgemental community where we all admit that we’re wounded, where we’re meeting Christ in the wounded, where we welcome the wounded.
Resources we mentioned:
- Terry’s website
- Some Kind of Crazy: An Unforgettable Story of Profound Brokenness and Breathtaking Grace by Terry Wardle
- Terry’s podcast Slingstones