Suzie Eller is an author and podcaster with a new book called Prayer Starters: Talking with God about Hard Times and also the Prayer Starters podcast. Today, Suzie shares about the ordinary people who shaped her in simple ways, why she determined to write about things that mattered after cancer, and how she learned to pray. Suzie brings much wisdom to our prayer life that she’s learned from her own. Suzie’s story reminds us that the Lord is never far away if we only turn an ear toward him to listen.
Listen to Suzie’s story in your favorite podcast app today!
Stories Suzie shared:
- Working at Proverbs 31 and developing her own ministry
- Growing up in a fractured family not knowing about God
- Finding Christ in her late teens when friends knocked on her door with an invitation
- Challenging God because of her family life
- The ordinary people who shaped her
- Going to college and getting married at 20
- Studying the Bible as much as she could
- Receiving a breast cancer diagnosis at 31
- Starting a writing career after her survival
- Deciding to just start somewhere with writing
- Diving into content creation
- Learning how to pray through journaling
- Making video curriculum while grieving and the community she found
- How she joined Proverbs 31
- What she learned by working there
- How Prayer Starters helps you
Great quotes from Suzie:
Unless we wrestle out those hard questions, our faith is someone else’s faith.
Wrestling with God is part of my faith because it always has been.
Is there a chance, God, that you want to talk to me?
Just show up is a really powerful path to connection with God.
Resources we mentioned:
- Suzie’s website
- Prayer Starters: Talking with God about Hard Times by Suzie Eller
- Suzie’s books on Amazon