Shā Sparks is the CEO (Chief Excitement Officer) of Sparks of Fire International, a Certified Fearless Living Coach and Trainer, host of The Power of Investing in People Podcast, and Co-Founder of #FIRESTARTERS Book Project. Today, Shā shares how she spent much of her life without love and waiting to die, how she broke up with alcohol, and why she decided to pray for herself. Shā also tells us how God led her into her calling helping other as a coach. Her story reminds us that learning to receive love is an important part of the journey.
Listen to Shā’s story now!
Stories Shā shared:
- Spending many years wanting to die
- Why she chose the title “Chief Excitement Officer”
- Growing up on a farm in Central Iowa
- Her dad’s anger at home and how it started depression in her
- Having a kegger at 11 year old
- Dealing with suicidal ideation
- Feeling that the Lord was always with her even in her darkest time
- Sensing the devil speaking to her
- Giving her life to Christ after a DUI at 16
- Realizing that she needed to leave her abusive relationship
- Deciding to pray for herself instead
- Getting counseling to discover herself for the first time
- Contemplating the love of God
- Getting into coaching to help women out of abusive relationships
Great quotes from Shā:
I was so giving that I forgot to give to myself.
I thought if I had needs, I was a bad person. The reality is we all have needs.
Love is what really surprised me.
When you are working to heal, you are working on your purpose.
Resources we mentioned:
- Shā’s website
- FIRESTARTERS: How to Be a Spark of Hope in the Midst of Change by Sha Sparks
- Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He’ll Change by Robin Norwood
- Boundaries Updated and Expanded Edition: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud and John Townsend