September McCarthy has been married to her husband Dan for 30 years. Together they have ten children and four grandchildren. They have been homeschooling their children for 24 years, and have launched six, with four more still at home. Today, September shares how she met Jesus at family camp, how losing multiple children shaped her, and why she took a whole year off. Her sabbatical brought healing and clarity for where God is taking her and her ministry. September’s story reminds us that suffering and sabbath is for our sanctification.
Listen to September’s story now!
Stories September shared:
- Raising ten children and four grandchildren
- Her ministry of writing and speaking
- Taking a one year sabbatical from her work
- Growing up in a very goal driven home
- Meeting Jesus at 13 years old at family camp
- Losing multiple children
- Why she and her husband have ten children
- The friend who told her it was time to heal
- Living with fear and wrestling with it
- Feeling insecure at a conference event
- What she learned about herself during her sabbatical
- Her wheel of priority
- Her best parenting tips for all parents
Great quotes from September:
A place of healing is not fixed by a one week vacation.
Some of my best “yes moments” are saying no.
Confidence misplaced will lead to bankruptcy.
Resources we mentioned:
- September’s website
- September’s Shop
- The Mom to Mom Podcast
- The Case for Christ: A Journalist’s Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus (Case for … Series) by Lee Strobel