Ryan James Miller is a performance coach, founder of the Foundations to Freedom Coaching Academy, husband of 20+ years, and father to two daughters. Today, Ryan shares how he came to Christ when nothing else satisfied, how he found a community and surrender ed to the Lord, and the mentors that shaped his walk. Then, Ryan tells about his experience at the Las Vegas shooting on October 1, 2017. That experience catalyzed him to become a better follower of Jesus. Ryan’s story reminds us that we cannot afford to waste a moment.
Listen to Ryan’s story in your favorite podcast now!
Stories Ryan shared:
- Rediscovering identity and how
- Growing up in a Roman Catholic church in Orange County, CA
- The emotional turmoil of his family while growing up
- Walking away from his faith entirely until he was 26
- The moment he woke up and decided to “give God a shot”
- The huge fight with his wife that made him take faith more seriously
- Finding a community that helped him grow
- How Mark Driscoll woke him up to faith
- Getting recruited to plant a church
- Diving into reformed theology
- How God protected him while working in the church
- Experiencing the shooting in Las Vegas on October 1, 2017
- The perspective that brushing with death gave him
- Why he started Foundations to Freedom Coaching Academy
Great quotes from Ryan:
God has to ruin my life to get me to realize what I really have.
What God has in store for us has nothing to do with us and everything to do with him.
God had been calling me my whole life.
Resources we mentioned: