Rose Ann Forte, Best Selling Author and Founder of The Plans He Has For Me Coaching Program which focuses on how to put alcohol to the side for 12 consecutive weeks. Today, Rose Ann shares how she began going to church during her difficult marriage, realized her drinking was out of control, and found a twelve week program that worked for her. We also discuss the reasons people become addicted to substances and why there is hope if you want to stop. Rose Ann’s story reminds us that Jesus is with us even when we do things that we’re not proud of and invites us to trust him.
Listen to Rose Ann’s story in your favorite podcast player now!
Stories Rose Ann shared:
- Writing a book called The Plans He Has for Me
- Growing up in New Hampshire going to a Catholic school
- Being in a difficult marriage and going to church
- Choosing to drink to deal with her problems
- Using alcohol over time and how it developed
- Her gratefulness for never hurting anyone
- Suffering in silence hoping to solve the problem for herself
- Why she didn’t want to go to Alcoholic Anonymous
- Why a 12 week program is better for recovery
- The shame she felt while stuck in her relationship and drinking
- The joy she feels now every morning
Great quotes from Rose Ann:
I already had a higher power. His name is Jesus.
Shame comes from the inability to forgive yourself.
My story is the collision of God’s Word, personal suffering, and the science of the brain.
Resources we mentioned:
- Rose Ann’s website
- The Plans He Has For Me: A 12-Week Daily Devotional for Freedom from Alcohol by Rose Ann Forte
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, and Miracles by Bruce H. Lipton PhD
Leave a Reply