Robin T. Jennings is an ordained Episcopal minister and author of 3 books on spiritual growth through vision and renewal. Today, Robin shares his unexpected journey to seminary and the priesthood, discovering spiritual renewal and formation, and learning to surrender to the Lord. Robin’s heart is to serve the next generation as they face new challenges to their discipleship to Jesus. Robin’s story reminds us that walking with the Lord is a partnership.
Listen to Robin’s story now!
Stories Robin shared:
- Finding himself in a season of solitude and silence
- Growing up on the North Shore of Chicago in an Episcopal family
- The impression he had of reverence for God
- Working for an Episcopal boys home
- The mentor who suggested he go to seminary
- How seminary shaped his faith
- Going to Memphis to serve a church
- Becoming the rector and “playing the role”
- Being mentored by Gerald May
- Getting spiritual direction
- Resolving the outer and inner tension he felt
- How his children helped him
- Learning to surrender to the Lord and love
- Deciding to use new media to reach the next generation
Great quotes from Robin:
What silence has done for me is allow the Lord to have a word.
Once you love someone, you find yourself closer to something you call holy.
When it comes to surrendering to God, that’s the source of love.
Resources we mentioned:
- Robin’s website
- A Letter to the Church and the Next Generation: Spiritual Growth through the Witness of James by Robin T. Jennings
- May You Live in Christ!: Spiritual Growth Through The Vision of St. Peter by Robin T. Jennings
- The Door To Renewal: Spiritual Growth Through the Mind of St. Paul by Robin T. Jennings
- Care of Mind/Care of Spirit: A Psychiatrist Explores Spiritual Direction by Gerald May
- The Dark Night of the Soul: A Psychiatrist Explores the Connection Between Darkness and Spiritual Growth by Gerald May
Leave a Reply