Randy Mortensen is a guide for talented management professionals whose drive has led them down a path of compulsive and destructive behaviors, the host of the Courageous Recovery podcast, and a published author. Today, Randy shares how he came to Christ after years of being a church attender, how he finally quit drinking, and the ministries he’s started to help others do the same. Randy work hard and achieves much but has also suffered because of addiction. Randy’s story reminds us that shame never gets the last word because Jesus took it all for us.
Listen to Randy’s story now in your favorite podcast app!
Stories Randy shared:
- Being a public speaker around the world
- Sneaking a beer out of his dad’s man cave
- Losing his five year old son
- Sitting in the Lutheran church every week as a kid
- Giving his life to Christ when his mentor invited him over for an afternoon
- Going forward for an alter call at an Amway event
- Teaching with Willow Creek across the country
- Living the high life with success
- Hearing from God in Haiti
- The moment he realized he had to stop drinking
- Going to rehab to give up alcohol
- Launching a faith-based recovery program
- Why he started the Courageous Recovery Podcast
Great quotes from Randy:
My business life was always very successful, but my personal choices were horrible.
First you have to be willing. Then you have to be obedient. It’s the obedience that’s the hard part.
For those who are struggling with mental health, we need to serve them not judge them.
Resources we mentioned:
- Randy’s website
- From Success to Significance: When the Pursuit of Success Isn’t Enough by Lloyd Reeb