Nancy Kay Grace is a pastor’s wife, cancer survivor, and author. She understands dealing with unexpected challenges. Today, Nancy shares about how the Lord provided in ministry, her struggle with cancer, and learning rest in the Lord when those challenges arise. She reminds us to remember that we are his children and that he loves us, which is pure comfort when challenges arise.
Listen to Nancy’s story today!
Stories Nancy shared:
- Serving in ministry for 45 years with her husband
- Growing up in Chicago in a church-going family
- Moving around with her husband
- “Sneaking in the back” at a college church meeting and meeting her husband
- Serving in rural churches
- Questioning her faith after her husband was let go
- Learning to pray specifically about her needs
- Discovering that she had tongue cancer
- Worshipping the Lord as she recovered
- How the Lord has provided doctors over the years
- Learning to listen to the voice of the Lord
Great quotes from Nancy:
The optimism fades but we still trust the will of God.
We have to love the people but look at the Lord and trust his promises.
I will speak for the Lord.
I had to rest in God and then go forward again.
Resources we mentioned:
- Nancy’s website
- The Grace Impact by Nancy Kay Grace
- 12 Words For Christmas: An Advent Devotional by Nancy Kay Grace