Michelle Lazurek is a multi-genre, award winning author, and literary agent. Today, Michelle shares the story of the high cost she paid to follow Jesus in a tradition other than the one she grew up in. She also shares the moments when had to surrender to the Lord and the path that led her to a writing career. Her latest book is I Surrender All (Sort Of), and we talk about those moments when we don’t want to, even when it’s good for us. Michelle’s story reminds us that the Lord is gentle especially when we struggle.
Listen to Michelle’s story now!
Stories Michelle shared:
- Growing up going to church with her grandmother
- Going to Catholic school
- Doubts that began to creep in as a high schooler
- Asking questions about Lent
- The friend who helped lead her to a new relationship with Jesus
- Deciding that she wanted to follow Jesus on her own
- Going forward after a sermon about communion
- Arguing with her family over becoming a Protestant
- Being thrown out of her family’s house
- Getting into a small group that discipled her
- Planting a church and how God felt distant
- Getting into writing as a career
- Why writing is a marathon not a sprint
- Struggling with anxiety and how that produced her latest book
Great quotes from Michelle:
I had been in Catholic school my entire life and I couldn’t touch the Bible.
I thought to myself, “What else do I need to know about my faith?”
The church has always be family to me.
You’re a writer whether you write for ten people or ten thousand.
Jesus does what he wants to do with his books when he wants to do them.
Resources we mentioned:
- Michelle’s website
- I Surrender All (Sort Of) Laying Down Our Agendas So God Can Do the Impossible by Michelle Lazurek
- Righteous and Lost: Finding Hope for the Pharisee Within by Michelle Lazurek
Leave a Reply