Merritt Onsa is a trail guide for the passionate and creative Christian woman who wants to get over her fear of failure, comparison, and imposter syndrome so she can get moving on her God-shaped dream without wasting more time second-guessing herself, procrastinating, or trying to be perfect. Today, Merritt shares how her ex-boyfriend led her to Christ, learning to be honest with her story, and how her husband taught her about God’s patient love. Merritt’s story reminds us how sweet the Lord’s patience is with us.
Listen to Merritt’s story now!
Stories Merritt shared:
- Growing up in Central California whose parents were educators
- Knowing of God until her parents stopped going to church
- Feeling like she had to be a perfect kid and seeing God as the bully in the sky
- Moving to Dallas for a job
- The infidelity that broke up her relationship
- The change she saw in her ex-boyfriend that piqued her interest in God
- Clicking on the “Free Gift” button on her friend’s church and hearing the Gospel
- Celebrating her conversion with her friend
- Going to Celebrate Recovery
- Healing through serving and learning to be honest with her story
- How she met and married her husband and the provision from God
- Caring about women finding freedom
- Why Zephaniah 3:17 matters to her
Great quotes from Merritt:
This man that I had betrayed ministered to me.
When I stopped hiding, the healing exponentially grew.
The infatuation and passion that you see in movies is unsustainable for a marriage.
Resources we mentioned: