Matt Tommey is an artist, author and mentor to thousands of Christian artists around the world. His passion is to help artists overcome the roadblocks that have held them back for years and start thriving spiritually, artistically and in business. Matt is the author of 6 books, founder of the Created to Thrive Artist Mentoring Program and host of The Thriving Christian Artist podcast. Today, Matt shares how he learned to “tap dance for Jesus” as a kid, how he almost lost his faith, and choosing to follow the Lord’s design in everything. Matt’s story reminds us that we are partners is sharing the Gospel through the work God created us to do.
Listen to Matt’s story today!
Stories Matt shared:
- Growing up in Georgia
- Learning to “tap dance for Jesus” trying to keep up appearances
- Struggling with baggage related to creating
- The prophetic friend who gave him a choice
- Leaving his faith for a season and starting a new business
- Hearing God’s voice sitting on his porch
- Deciding to move to Asheville and hearing God
- Helping people get over religiosity
- How our minds are renewed
- Understanding the power of words without moving away from God
- Discovering his design
- Why art is intended for the marketplace
- Starting his membership for artists
Great quotes from Matt:
The older you get and the more experience you have with the Lord, you just learn to trust.
God births vision out of our desire and our design.
At this point in my journey, I’m not afraid to welcome him into every part of my being.
Resources we mentioned:
- Matt’s website
- Get Matt’s free download, Sell Your Art and Make Money Quick
- Created to Thrive: An Artist’s Guide to Living in Divine Abundance by Matt Tommey
- Unlocking the Heart of the Artist: A Practical Guide to Fulfilling Your Creative Call as an Artist in the Kingdom by Matt Tommey