Lori Ann Wood is a Christian author and heart failure survivor. Today, Lori Ann shares her beginnings in a Christian family doing all the right things, how her life was rocked by a heart failure diagnosis, and what she learned about God when he seemed silent. Her faith took a turn from doing to relating with the Lord in intimate ways. Plus, she shares the three main questions that she asked and the practices that helped her thought them. Lori Ann’s story reminds us that even when our lives don’t look how we’d like, God is still there, working, and loving us.
Listen to Lori Ann’s story in your favorite podcast player now!
Stories Lori Ann shared:
- Growing up in Kansas on a wheat farm
- Realizing the blessing of her childhood in a secure family
- The note her dad gave her while walking her down the aisle
- Feeling peace for the first time in her faith
- Running her faith and life through lists
- Focusing her life on her kids and doing the right things
- Receiving a medical diagnosis of heart disease
- Having heart failure and landing in the hospital three weeks later
- Not praying or experiencing God during 16 months
- Learning that it’s okay to borrow words to pray
- Getting better at entertaining questions with her kids as a result
- Discovering the three questions she was asking in different ways
Great quotes from Lori Ann:
I heard the voice of God first from the lips of my mother.
God was silent and I gave him the silent treatment right back.
I equated the goodness of God with how well my life was matching this plan I made.
Resources we mentioned:
- Lori Ann’s website
- Divine Detour: The Path You’d Never Choose Can Lead to the Faith You’ve Always Wanted by Lori Ann Wood