Lauren Roskilly is a coach, author, and speaker. Today, Lauren shares about growing up in rural Sussex, England, leaving paganism, and finding dramatic physical healing. Lauren also describes significant mental health issues she suffered, including a suicide attempt, and how the Lord began to change her after a prayer of desperation. Lauren’s story reminds us that even when we suffer, the Lord is present and powerful when we turn to him.
Listen to Lauren’s story now!
Stories Lauren shared:
- Growing up in rural Sussex, England
- Calling herself a “white witch”
- The stranger who knew things about her at the pub
- The conversation with window cleaner that changed her life
- Attempting suicide after struggling with mental health because of a health condition
- Where God was while she was suffering
- Praying in desperation to the Lord and his response
- The moment of surrender with the Lord
- Stepping out in faith that the results for her health
- The woman on the bus who healed her
- Learning to listen and recognize the Lord’s voice
Great quotes from Lauren:
My focus wasn’t on Him anymore but He was there.
I wasn’t asking why. I was asking what. The difference is key.
It wasn’t an instant zap; it was a journey.
Resources we mentioned:
- Lauren’s website
- Healing Toxic Emotions by Mary Islieb
- Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess: 5 Simple, Scientifically Proven Steps to Reduce Anxiety, Stress, and Toxic Thinking by Dr. Caroline Leaf