Lauren Gaskill, author, speaker, podcaster, and founder of She Found Joy. Today, Lauren shares the story of growing up in a family of new Christians, dealing with severe health issues, and the healing the Lord has brought her. Lauren describes her journey from accepting illness to asking the Lord for healing and receiving it. The whole experience has changed the direction of her ministry. Lauren’s story reminds us that God is not done working yet!
Listen to Lauren’s story now!
Stories Lauren shared:
- Growing up in Indiana in a baby Christian family
- The genuine faith of a child
- Wrestling with oppression as a high schooler
- Having health problems in college and going through severe pain
- Receiving a diagnosis and how that affected her
- Feeling mad at God for suffering so much
- Hearing God speak to her about healing
- Screaming at God on a beach in the Bahamas
- The moment her heart broke after moving into a new house
- Following her hunger for healing
- Weeding her heart for months
- Taking a healing journey to Brazil to minister
- What the Holy Spirit said to her on an airplane and the healing
- Pursuing what God wants for her as a healing ministry
Great quotes from Lauren:
There are moments in life when revelation comes and you just finally understand what you’ve been missing.
There’s no such thing as a perfect journey.
He knows how to encourage our hearts with exactly what we need.
Children don’t make formulas out of things. They just follow their father.
Resources we mentioned:
- Lauren’s website
- Lauren’s Instagram
- Into the Deep: Diving into a Life of Courageous Faith by Lauren Gaskill
- I Give You Authority: Practicing The Authority Jesus Gave Us by Charles H. Kraft