- How her family is weathering the quarantine
- How God used podcasting to prepare her for a role in politics
- Growing up with parents who were first generation Christians
- Moving to California as a girl
- How the new crowd inspired her to love the Lord
- The mentor who helped her
- A season of anxiety that kept her homebound
- Learning that God is her portion through Psalm 73:26
- Getting through PTSD after a scary experience
- Choosing to go to Africa and how that represented healing for her anxiety
- Discovering her own voice when she turned 40
- How she helps people today
Great quotes from Julie:
We don’t know when our last day is, but in all of that, we learn God is good.
What’s normal to us is magic to other people.
You never know what God has in store for you and that’s why you have to trust Him.
Resources we mentioned:
- Julie’s website and podcast
- 5 Tools to Interrupt Anxiety by Julie Hamilton
- Julie’s Easy Podcasting Master Class
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change (Resources for Changing Lives) by Paul David Tripp