Jonathan Carone is the host of two podcasts and an entrepreneur of a marketing and website design company helping churches, nonprofits, and ministries. Today, Jonathan shares how he resisted going to church, gave in to the Lord’s leading after a difficult season, and ultimately landed on a church staff. Just when he thought he was thriving, his time in ministry ended. He also shares how the Lord used that season of doubt in himself to teach him trust and changed his faith significantly. Jonathan’s story reminds us that we often have to unlearn what we’ve learned in order to move ahead.
Listen to Jonathan’s story in your favorite podcast app now!
Stories Jonathan shared:
- Creating his own marking company
- Growing up in North Carolina in his grandpa’s church
- Leaving church after 15
- Moving to Myrtle Beach and realizing he didn’t ask God if he should go
- Hearing from God to get training
- Discovering a church that spoke his language
- Hitting rock bottom after a break up and other challenges
- Praying in surrender to go to seminary
- Growing his first youth group in Tennessee
- Working on the church staff in a creative role
- Leaving church staff after being hired over
- The identity crisis that his being “coached out” led to
- Wondering what it would look like to serve the global church not just the local church
- How working with Christians around the world changed him
- Learning to stick with principles over methods
- What he’s learned from his podcasts
Great quotes from Jonathan:
While the situations are all different, the feelings are the same across the board.
Because we’ve been so dogmatic on some issues, we’ve run people away from following Jesus.
I’m okay with knowing that sometimes faith takes actual faith.
Resources we mentioned:
Leave a Reply