John Matarazzo is a television producer and podcast host. Today, he shares the story of how he joined YWAM, the burnout he experienced after years of leading, and following his passion for broadcasting. John also tells us about amazing steps of faith he took as he followed the Lord’s direction. For instance, he started volunteering at a Christian television station before he started working there because he believed God wanted him there. His story reminds us that obedience is often the most important thing.
List to John’s story now!
Stories John shared:
- Hosting Along the Way Podcast
- Going on a missions trip to Mexico and how that changed his life
- Serving as a missionary with YWAM after high school
- Going to broadcasting school in South Africa
- Not getting the opportunity he was hoping for and how that shaped his trust
- Learning that God wanted him to broadcast
- Leaving the mission field and the difficult season that brought
- How his friend trained him for television production
- Learning to trust the voice of the Holy Spirit
- The missionary stories his mom would read him as a child
- Starting his podcast Along the Way
- What he’s learned from his podcast
Great quotes from John:
There’s a lot more to people than the facade they wear.
The things that God isn’t saying are as important as what he is saying sometimes.
God can speak to you however he wants to get your attention.
Pay attention to the people God is bringing into your life.
Resources we mentioned:
- John’s podcast Along the Way
- Connect with John on Facebook
- Youth with a Mission
- Listen to Eric on Along the Way