Jodi Rosser is an author, speaker, and podcaster. She is the host of the Depth Podcast, a podcast to help others grow deeper in their faith and stronger in their relationships. Today, Jodi shares about what she learned through her life’s biggest heartbreak, divorce. She talks us through the struggle and dark days but also the gifts she received like emotional literacy, learning empathy, and freedom from shame. Jodi’s story reminds us that we grow deep before we grow up.
Listen to Jodi’s story in your favorite podcast player now!
Stories Jodi shared:
- Growing up in a Christian family with three sisters
- Feeling God’s love as a sophomore in college
- Getting married and going to couple’s group
- Why she wishes she had read more widely as a young woman
- Getting her journal when she realized her family would be broken
- How the Lord helped her during the difficult days
- Learning emotional literacy as they navigated the painful divorce
- Struggling with empathy before her heartbreak
- How her divorce changed her struggle with anger
- Helping her son through his emotions
- The conference that encouraged her
- How God encouraged her to write about her divorce experience
- The responses she received that changed her
- The leap of faith to start a podcast
Great quotes from Jodi:
What if your greatest heartbreak catapults you to your greatest growth?
“Mom, don’t you know loss shapes character?”
Allow yourself to grieve and go through the pain.
God does not want you to live shackled in your shame.
I used to thing grace was only for eternal salvation but there’s also daily grace.
Resources we mentioned:
- Jodi’s website
- Depth: Growing Through Heartbreak to Strength by Jodi Rosser
- Girls with Swords: How to Carry Your Cross Like a Hero by Lisa Bevere