Jay Kim is a pastor and author in Silicon Valley and a previous guest on episode #206. I invited Jay back to discuss his latest book Analog Christian: Cultivating Contentment, Resilience, and Wisdom in the Digital Age. In this conversation, Jay shares the situation we find ourselves in with technology, what’s at stake if we do not use wisdom to handle it, and practices that can help get your freedom back. Jay encourages us to be wise about what we allow to shape who we become so we can be shaped as Jesus would have us.
Listen to this conversation with Jay Kim wherever you get your podcasts!
Stories Jay shared:
- Pastoring in the heart of Silicon Valley
- Releasing Analog Church during the pandemic
- How digital can be good
- Finding himself using technology for no reason
- What is at stake if we are unintentional about technology use
- The quest that sent him looking for how to be content, resilient, and wise
- Meditating on the idea of love
- Why you should practice a digital sabbath
Great quotes from Jay:
Every human being is being formed at all times.
If my enslavement is forming me, my guess is that the way it’s forming me is very different than the way Jesus wants to form me.
Love atrophies when it’s not in motion.
Resources we mentioned:
- Jay’s website
- Analog Christian: Cultivating Contentment, Resilience, and Wisdom in the Digital Age by Jay Kim
- Analog Church: Why We Need Real People, Places, and Things in the Digital Age by Jay Kim
- The Tech Wise Family by Andy Crouch
Leave a Reply