Janna Thompson is the creator behind Project Shine. Today, Janna shares some surprising moments when the Lord has spoken and worked in her life. Janna shares how the Lord met her when contemplating suicide, protected her during a horrific car crash, and provided for her needs. She also lets us into her prayer closet where we glimpse the intimate nature of her relationship with him. Sometimes that involves putting on her “sassy pants” and asking God some tough questions. Janna’s story reminds us that the Lord can handle them.
Listen to Janna’s story now!
Stories Janna shared:
- Growing up in a non-denominational, traditional church
- Feeling rejection and insecurity as a child
- Beginning to see into the spiritual world
- Her parent’s divorce and how that left her feeling like an orphan
- Overdosing on anxiety medicine at high school graduation
- Dropping out of college and going to live with her dad
- Challenging God to show up or she would commit suicide (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255)
- A horrific car accident that should have killed her
- Meeting her husband because of the accident
- Putting on her “sassy pants” to talk to God
- Challenging God to give her a car
- The miracle of a baby after an infertility diagnosis
- Her daughter Clara’s birth
- The healing of Clara and trusting God for healing
Great quotes from Janna:
Being a parent is my greatest adventure.
Good, bad, or ugly, no matter what you describe about the spiritual realm, it sounds scary.
His pursuit of me was greater than my ability to misunderstand him.
Prayer was never meant to be a monologue.
Never fall for the trap that God has rejected you.
Resources we mentioned: