Janell Wood is the podcaster behind Finding Something Real. Today, Janell shares about the youth pastor who served as a great example of God’s love, when she wrestled with a sinful relationship, and how the Lord met her through a series of miscarriages. Janell learned to trust the Lord with each experience and finally accepted that he gets to choose who she becomes. Her podcast serves young women with questions about faith by making them part of the conversation. Janell’s story reminds us that the truest thing about us is that we are loved by our maker.
Listen to Janell’s story now!
Stories Janell shared:
- How she got into hosting exchange students
- Growing up in a Christian family in Washington State
- The day her older sister left home
- The youth pastor who showed her Jesus
- Looking for love in all the wrong places
- The relationship that she knew was sin but couldn’t give up
- Moving to Pennsylvania and having weeks alone with God
- Dealing with anxiety that was compounding
- Wrestling with God after a series of miscarriages
- Discussing her belief in God with her husband and his wise words
- The church service that helped her
- Choosing the Lord after the birth of their daughter
- Discovering her identity in Christ
- Why she has different co-hosts on her show
Great quotes from Janell:
I always wanted Christ because I loved who he was.
We can talk about Jesus and get in the Word but the Christian walk was not meant to be walked alone.
The more you look at yourself, the more messed up your identity game will be.
“Being heard is so close to being loved that for the average person they are indistinguishable.” David Augsburger
Resources we mentioned:
- Janell’s website
- Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan
- Believing God – Bible Study Book: Experience a Fresh Explosion of Faith by Beth Moore