Jamie Rowe is a recording artist best known as the lead singer of Guardian. His latest recording is This is Home available wherever you get great music. Today, Jamie shares how the Lord spoke to him as a teenager, discovering he could sing, and how he joined Guardian. The men in the group became mentors and helped him through difficult times. And Jamie shares a dark season a few years ago that cost him his marriage but gave him a new perspective on God’s grace as well. Jamie’s story reminds us that we always depend on the goodness of God.
Listen to Jamie’s story now!
Stories Jamie shared:
- Growing up in Indiana feeling like he didn’t fit in
- His anger when his mom found Jesus
- What God said to him at 17 that changed his life
- The group of people who discipled him
- Expectations of Christian musicians
- Singing Wanted Dead or Alive and passing it around
- Connecting with Guardian
- Losing his dad suddenly and how Tony Palacios became his friend through it
- Working with great producers like the Elefante brothers and Steve Taylor
- Wearing the mask for Christian music
- Going through a divorce and the spiritually dark season he experienced time
- Finding a church that walked with him through it
- Enjoying the life he has now
Great quotes from Jamie:
God is a lot more powerful than we allow him to be.
I love the mystery of Christianity.
In a lot of ways Christian music became my Christianity.
Resources we mentioned:
- Jamie’s website
- This Is Home on Amazon Music (affiliate link)
- Journey Biker Church
- Jamie’s photography Instagram