James Early is a podcaster and prison minister. Today, James shares about asking questions about faith as a high school student, learning how to apply Scripture practically, and what he learned from being a stay-at-home dad before that was a thing. James loves the Lord and wanted to be a minister early in life. Now his podcast reaches around the world as he shares the message of the Kingdom of God available today. James’ story reminds us that even when we think our impact is small, the Lord use us in unexpected ways.
Listen to James’ story now!
Stories James shared:
- Starting his podcast The Bible Speaks to You
- Growing up in Texas with a dad who was presbyterian and a mom was a Christian Scientist
- Asking question in high school and feeling unsatisfied
- Understanding John 3:16 in third grade
- Deciding to go to the Christian Scientist church
- Applying Scripture to his relationship with his brother
- How the healing emphasis of Christian Scientist denomination appealed to him
- His plans to share the Gospel with the world and God’s more gradual plan
- How God spoke to him when he felt discouraged
- Wanting to be a prayer healer
- Getting passed over for promotions and how that shaped him
- How he became a stay at home dad
- Learning about God’s love by taking care of his kids
- Joining a prison ministry
- How podcasting came out of his prison ministry
- Finding his place in the body of Christ through podcasting
Great quotes from James:
I am really grateful now that I didn’t get those promotions. You’ve got to keep that ego in check.
I can say all the things I’m supposed to say; but when are you putting this into practice?
It’s not your theology that gets you into heaven.
Resources we mentioned: