Gisela Kreglinger is a theologian, writer, and speaker who leads people on wine pilgrimages and is the author of The Soul of Wine: Savoring the Goodness of God. Today, Gisela shares her story of growing up on winery, how that taught her about dependance on God, and learning how wine brings people together. Gisela also shares how she learned to wrestle with God and how community helped her through those times. And, of course, she shares how to find good wines and the biblical basis for enjoying it. Grab a glass of wine and join this conversation!
Listen to Gisela’s story now!
Stories Gisela shared:
- Growing up in Franconia, Germany on a winery and close to the earth
- Listening to God when to harvest
- Finding a more personal relationship with God during the Catholic charismatic revival
- Being the dreamer in the family
- Volunteering for a year after college
- Studying with Eugene Peterson
- Studying spirituality and beginning to write about the spirituality of wine
- Wrestling with God and learning to be angry with him
- Grieving her mom’s depression and loss
- How community helped her through times of mourning
- How wine brings joy and communities together
- The joy of “holy intoxication” and the way wine opens you up
Great quotes from Gisela:
God works always in the particulars of people’s lives.
What spirituality do we need to cultivate and develop for the 21st century?
Wine is God’s gift to humanity so why do we let the secular world define the meaning of wine for us?
We need to reclaim God’s gifts for the Body of Christ.
Resources we mentioned:
- Gisela’s website
- The Soul of Wine: Savoring the Goodness of God by Gisela Kreglinger
- The Spirituality of Wine by Gisela Kreglinger
- Affordable Wines and How to Create a Charcuterie Board