Dr. Michelle Bengtson is a board certified clinical neuropsychologist, author, and fellow podcaster. Today, Michelle shares about struggling with depression and anxiety, how she worked so hard she made herself sick, and the practice that helped her trust the Lord with everything. She also shares how to train your brain to think positively and let God’s Word give us identity instead. Michelle’s story reminds us that the Lord nevers wastes our pain.
Listen to Michelle’s story now!
Stories Michelle shared:
- Growing up as a church kid in Michigan
- Struggling with depression after getting sick
- Health struggles as a child
- Self-punishment as a child for not being good enough
- How to take a step back from acting on emotions
- Learning what the Lord said about who she is
- How her son challenged her thinking
- How your brain is like a running trail
- The reception of her first book
- Why perfectionism has no place at church
- Episodes of her podcast that are helpful
Great quotes from Michelle:
Who but God would know that a book on worry, fear, and anxiety would need to come out in fall of 2019?
Drivenness really comes back to a spirit of fear.
Be careful what you say to yourself because you’re listening.
I thought I was responsible for the harvest.
Resources we mentioned:
- Michelle’s website
- Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
- Hope Prevails Bible Study: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression
- Hope Prevails: Insights from a Doctor’s Personal Journey through Depression