Don Larson is the CEO and Founder of Sunshine Nut Company cashews where he helps bring work and wealth to Mozambique. Today, Don shares how he found Christ after years of going to church, becoming massively successful, and deciding to walk away from a huge paycheck. Don tells us the story of surrendering to the Lord which led him to start selling nuts around the world. Don’s story reminds us that when God calls you to something, following may be costly but it’s always worth it.
Listen to Don’s story in your favorite podcast player now!
Stories Don shared:
- Living in Mozambique full time working with the Sunshine Nut Company
- Growing up in Connecticut and Pennsylvania
- Working at Hershey and their orphanage
- Going to church a little more than Easter and Christmas
- Converting to Roman Catholicism to get married
- Giving their lives to Christ at 29 when they attended a Bible-based church
- Knowing God was there but exactly connected to him
- How God spoke to him after taking a job at Campbell’s and a few months off
- Growing more and more charismatic
- A word from God through someone on the street
- Hearing from God to start a business in developing countries
- Going to International House of Prayer
- Learning to get out of God’s way while he builds the business
Great quotes from Don:
God provides everything you need for the calling he has for you.
Business is an incredible platform for showing God’s love.
I realized I’d climbed up the wrong ladder.
Resources we mentioned: