Curtis Sergeant is a disciple making movement catalyst and author of The Only One. Today, Curtis shares the story when he experienced a call to unreached people groups, how his work there led millions to Christ, and how suffering multiplied his effectiveness. Curtis has trained people in every country in the world to bring the Gospel to their people. It’s a unique gifting that God is using for his glory around the globe.
Listen to his story now!
Stories Curtis shared:
- Running a missions and disciple making training center in Alabama
- Growing up as missionary kid
- Experiencing a clear call to preach the Gospel to unreached people
- Preparing to be tentmaker and working in Olympic development
- What a disciple-making movement is and why it’s relevant to us
- How he discovered obedience in Scripture
- How he learned to live with a constant awareness of God
- The season of suffering that helped him depend on the Lord
- Why he wrote The Only One
Great quotes from Curtis:
The big idea in movements is that every disciple is called to be a disciple maker.
God used those horrible circumstances to achieve something in me…and, for his glory, in that people group something that never would have happened.
It has been a remarkable privilege to know people in so many places that are laying down their lives for the Kingdom.
Resources we mentioned:
- The Only One: Living Fully In, By, and For God by Curtis Sergeant
- Zume Project
- The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence