Courtney Lowman is a speaker, teacher, and the podcaster behind The Journey of Ruth podcast. Today, Courtney share how she found amazing mentors early on, the moment when heartbreak brought clarity, and the ministry that the Lord has given her since. Courtney is passionate about discipleship because she knows that one “meal” on Sunday isn’t enough to feed you for the entire week. She now provides resources for disciplers around the world including with her newest resource, the Bible Journal for Busy Women. Courtney’s story reminds us that God often has plans for us beyond our limited imaginations.
Listen to Courtney’s story in your favorite podcast app now!
Stories Courtney shared:
- Hosting the Journey of Ruth Podcast
- Growing up in Arizona as a pastor’s kid
- Experiencing the difficulty of ministry as a child
- The women who let them sit with them on Sunday and were her first mentors
- The vision the Lord used to draw her deeper
- Evaluating her friendships for depth
- Clubbing for Jesus in France
- Wrestling with going to international missions
- Learning that missions is discipleship
- Seeing that her podcast is having an international impact
- Her mom getting brain cancer and other struggles
Great quotes from Courtney:
Sunday morning is not enough to feed you fully for the entire week.
No one else is going to feed you.
Go out and use the gifts God has given you to serve your community.
Resources we mentioned: