Chris Grainger is the founder of The Lion Within Us and has a passion for serving others. He is building a community that provides Christian men encouragement to become the leaders God intends them to be. Chris connects with others by sharing personal stories of professional success, hurdles encountered and how every circumstance is an opportunity to build the Kingdom. Today, Chris shares how he found Christ as a young man, sensed the Lord’s presence during one of the most difficult moments in his life, and the questions he asked when tragedy struck his family. He also shares how suffering catapulted him to a place of service and led to creating the men’s community, The Lion Within Us. Chris’ story reminds us that even in our darkest moments, the Lord is with us.
Listen to Chris’ story in your favorite podcast app now!
Stories Chris shared:
- Creating a ministry for men
- Growing up in Virginia in the countryside
- Started going to church because his girlfriend went to church
- Giving his life to Christ at 16
- Going to college at Old Dominion University and spending a lot of time at the bar
- Feeling resistant to God as he got into adulthood
- Believing his life was good before his wife left him
- The eerie silence that told him he needed people
- Having his Bible at the custody hearing open to James 1 to help him
- Beginning to serve others at his church
- How courting his wife helped him grow
- Wanting to have children
- Having a stillborn child and how it challenged him to run to God
- The additional tragedies that came in a short period
- Feeling angry at God and how he handled it
- The emotional intimacy found through struggling with grief
- Starting a podcast for his company
- Starting The Lion Within Us as a membership for men
- Helping men go from lost and along to connected
Great quotes from Chris:
Anytime we say “I got this” is a moment we are about to be humbled.
Most men’s ministry sucks.
What you’re really craving in your relationship with your spouse is intimacy.
Resources we mentioned: