Chris Taylor is a writer and speaker about sexual intimacy in Christian marriage. She blogs and hosts multiple podcasts about the subject. Today, Chris shares the story of how she became a Christian sex blogger. She tells us about the moment she first experienced Christian community, how sex changed from fun to burdensome, and how God gave her a message from her mess. Her story reminds us that God redeems everything for his glory.
Listen to Chris’s story today!
Stories Chris shared:
- Here ministry to women struggling with sex in marriage
- Growing up going to a “hippie church”
- The moment she first experienced community
- Learning that Jesus taught us how to live and love others
- Having sex with her boyfriend in high school and the feeling of regret
- The negative message she took from a Sunday School teacher about sex
- A season of promiscuity
- Meeting her husband and feeling that the relationship was different
- Resenting her husband for wanting to have sex
- Looking up Christian marriage to prove her husband wrong
- The women’s Bible study that planted seeds
- How God put the puzzle pieces of her desires together to create a ministry
- Praying in images
- Two spiritual experiences that helped her experience healing
- Why you should take baby steps in your sexual journey
Great quotes from Chris:
Social justice is about caring for other people and making sure they have what they need to live.
I am the poster child for the idea that God uses your mess to become a message.
My sexual journey parallelled my spiritual journey in ways that still surprise me.
Resources we mentioned:
- Chris’s website Forgiven Wife
- Honeycomb and Spice
- Knowing Her Sexually
- Sex Chat for Christian Wives
- The Marriage Bed