Cheyenne Olson is spiritual mentor, writer, and podcaster who spends her time with high school and college students. Today, Cheyenne shares the story of how studying theology awakened her love for the Lord, discovering repressed memories of abuse, and the first time the Lord spoke to her about the healing process. Cheyenne has a passion for creating safe spaces for people to meet the Lord vulnerably even if that means 2:00 AM phone calls. Cheyenne is pressing into her new life as a writer and following where Jesus leads.
Listen to Cheyenne’s story on your favorite podcast app today!
Stories Cheyenne shared:
- Living in the Twin Cities with her family
- Seeing lifestyle changes when her parents found Jesus
- Discovering how to study Scripture in college
- How studying Christian Theology shaped her
- Wrestling with depression as she was starting a family
- Discovering memories of sexual abuse in her past
- How the Lord dismantled her and built her back up
- Beginning to teach others how to read Scripture
- Why people are craving discipleship
- The joy she feels watching others fall in love with Jesus
- Her process for discipleship
- Starting her podcast Beyond Quiet Time
- How the Lord applied the parable of the talents to her
Great quotes from Cheyenne:
He changed me because he changed the way I thought.
To grow in the faith, start in the Gospels; get to know who Jesus is.
You can’t fall in love with somebody you don’t know.
Resources we mentioned:
- Cheyenne’s website
- Cheyenne’s podcast, Beyond Quiet Time
- Mary DeMuth and Her Avenue of Healing
- Curtis Sergeant and the Catalyst of Movements
- Laura Flanders and the Mentored Life