Charmaine Cooper is an author, speaker, and host of the the Char Candid Podcast. Today, Charmaine shares her experience at the Toronto Blessing, her struggle to forgive her father, and why she chose to go to seminary. Charmaine is a dynamic storyteller who saved one of the best stories for last involving hearing God on the dance floor. Charmaine’s story reminds us that God is with us everywhere even if we try to avoid him.
Listen to Charmaine’s story now!
Stories Charmaine shared:
- Born and raised in Toronto, Canada
- Growing up in a pentecostal family
- Her parents’ divorce and how that affected her
- Giving her life to Christ at 19 as part of the Toronto blessing
- Depression after her father refused to see her dying mother
- The struggle to forgive her father
- How the Lord used a Ronald Reagan movie to keep her from suicide
- Writing the adventures of our lives and noting God
- Getting her masters degree in theology
- Serving the Persian Christian community
- How getting a masters of divinity shaped her
Great quotes from Charmaine:
It’s amazing how, in time, the feeling follows the acts of faith.
I love seeing how the church is so human and yet God uses them.
Just because you’re alone, does not mean you need to embrace loneliness.
Resources we mentioned: