Brian Sexton is the host of The Intentional Encourager Podcast and author of People Buy From People: 10 Powerful People Lessons From the Ultimate People Person, My Dad. Today, Brian shares how prayer influenced his life early, his dad’s profound influence, and how he stopped running from a call to preach. He also shares an interesting connection between his family and his wife’s family that he never saw coming. Brian’s story reminds us that with a little intionality, we can all encourage someone every day.
Listen to Brian’s story now!
Stories Brian shared:
- Growing up in Ohio in an influential area
- The blister that prayer removed as a baby
- His dad’s encouragement to know God
- Why he always tries to live in repentance
- Meeting his wife and how God provided
- How his mother-in-law knew his grandfather
- Sensing a call to preach during a revival
- Learning the value of intentionality
- How losing his dad sent him into the spiritual desert
- The dream he had about his father
- Learning to be his own man
- The three points of encouragement
Great quotes from Brian:
People who want to be liberated will do just about anything to be set free.
God is the ultimate connector.
I was trying to reason with God about things he already knew.
If you have a cell phone, you can be an encourager.
Encouraged people, empower people.
Resources we mentioned:
- The Intentional Encourager Podcast
- People Buy From People: 10 Powerful People Lessons from the Ultimate People Person–My Dad by Brian Sexton