Bobby Jackson is a man of many hats: pastor, licensed therapist, and leader in the field of student care. Today, Bobby how he found stability in church as a kid, how deployment as an Army medic changed his life, and the car crash that led him to surrender to the Lord once and for all. Bobby has spent years developing programs to help students in pain and shares how his program can be used in churches around the country. Bobby’s story reminds us that no matter how far we think we’ve run, God will never let us go.
Listen to Bobby’s story now!
Stories Bobby shared:
- Changing jobs and starting Rally Point Ministry
- Growing up as an Air Force kid
- The role of faith as he moved around
- The influence of his mom on his faith
- Why he went into youth ministry
- Getting into theater in high school
- Admission to Moody Bible Institute
- Ending up in the Army and the difficulties of coming home
- Being left by his wife and chasing her for a year
- The season when he wrestled with God about the challenges
- The “mini-miracles” that happened at his lowest
- Feeling a degree of healing from his injuries
- Totalling his car on the day he decided to rebel against God
- The community that helped him heal
- How he started ReGroup
Great quotes from Bobby:
Kids don’t inform Santa that they don’t believe he exists. But that’s the letter I wrote to God.
Community was a big part of my healing experience.
Every break in a relationship is two ways.
Resources we mentioned: