Blake Brewer is on a mission to help 1 MILLION Dads write at least one well written, meaningful, lasting Legacy Letter to their children. Blake has three children under 5. He absolutely loves being a father. As he leads his family and his children, he draws from many mentors, but none more important than his late father Larry Brewer. Today, Blake shares how losing his father and the letter he left changed the course of his life. Blake’s story reminds us that a father’s approval, attention, and adoration mean everything to their children.
Listen to Blake’s story now!
Stories Blake shared:
- Growing up in Texas in a Christian family
- When his dad took a day off work to take him to the pastor
- Refusing to pray in public at church camp
- Studying accounting in college
- The day his life changed when his dad died on vacation
- Praying for God to save his dad’s life
- The letter that his dad left for him
- What his dad encouraged him to do
- Grieving for his dad
- Asking why this terrible event happened
- The first time he shared his faith with someone
- Having the idea to start a movement helping dads give letters to their kids
- The impact you can have on your kids
Great quotes from Blake:
If there’s a God, do I even want to follow a God who would allow this to happen?
It was so healing for me to share to start to minister to other people and allow God to work through me.
Every time I was scared, I would go back to my dad and it was like courage from my dad.
Resources we mentioned:
- Blake’s website: Legacy Letter Challenge
- The Fuel & The Flame: Ignite Your Life & Your Campus for Jesus Christ by Steve Shadrach