Benjamin Hunter is a Christian Colorado Filmmaker who loves to tell stories of all sizes. Today, Ben shares with us what he learned from having a brother with cerebral palsy, how he discovered he was an artist, and the moment the Lord inspired him to start his own film production company. He also gives us a little insight into what it takes to make a movie and the documentary he’s making to honor his brother. Ben’s story reminds us that obedience when God calls is always the best choice.
Listen to Ben’s story today!
Stories Benjamin shared:
- Growing up in a Christian family in Colorado
- His brother Joshua who had cerebral palsy and how Ben’s life was affected
- Asking the what if questions and how life might have been different
- Struggling with not going to church when he got his first job
- Deciding to get baptized on his own
- Learning to rely on the Lord for his relational needs
- Meeting his wife at a speed dating event
- How he got into photography and filmmaking
- Getting a cinematography merit badge in Boy Scouts
- Going to film school because he wanted to make his own film project
- Hearing from God to start his own production company
- Deciding to make his new film True North
Great quotes from Benjamin:
It doesn’t matter what physical capabilities someone has, you should treat them the same.
I don’t know how to do that but I’ll try.
Resources we mentioned: