Angus Nelson is a high-performance coach for men, one of America’s top performance strategists and founder of Evolve Men Coaching. Today, Angus shares with us how he found Christ and the zeal with which he pursued ministry. Then, his business and life hit the proverbial fan and he had to reconsider his attitudes toward success, money, and most importantly, himself. Now, Angus reminds us of the power available to those in Christ—including you.
Listen to Angus’ story today!
Stories Angus shared:
- Growing up in Central Wisconsin
- Travelling the world and starting a business
- Losing $72k in one weekend
- Blowing up his life through pornography, alcohol, and debt
- The story he was telling himself about his acceptability to God
- The teacher that helped him understand himself differently
- Learning new mindsets that help him
- Learning new ideas about money and the books that helped him
- Helping a group of top performers
- Selling his dream house and the journey that sent him on
- Why the construct of humility doesn’t serve us
- The questions to ask the Lord about your life
Great quotes from Angus:
Humility is leaning into who you truly are.
When you show up as vulnerable, you give people permission to do the same.
I’m not afraid to show my shadows because we all have them.
Resources we mentioned:
- Angus’s website
- Becoming the Person You Want to Be by Dr. James B. Richards
- Is Discipleship for Super Christians Only by Dallas Willard
- Thou Shall Prosper by Rabbi Daniel Lapin
- You are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles