Amy Watson is a businesswoman and podcaster. Today, Amy shares her story of unbelievable trauma and the community the Lord used to help her heal. Amy tells us about being abused by a serial killer, finally sharing what was happening and getting help, and the moment she felt safe enough to fall apart. Amy has turned her story into the ability to minister to others with similar ones through her podcast Wednesdays with Watson and it’s making a difference. Her story reminds us that the Lord wastes nothing, even our most painful moments.
Listen to Amy’s story today!
Stories Amy shared:
- Growing up in Florida
- Being padlocked in a room by her mom and stepdad
- Meeting and being abused by Henry Lee Lucas, a notorious serial killer
- The church people who showed up at the door with candy
- Her mother inviting a pedophile into her home who abused her at 14
- Telling a woman at church what happened
- The moment she felt safe enough to fall apart
- Going to the hospital and being diagnosed with PTSD
- The moment she learned that her ex-husband passed away
- The friend who made her family
- The first time she was dropped off at a foster family
- Writing in the psych ward
- Why we have to be careful about our language
- The value of community for healing trauma
Great quotes from Amy:
I have been an adult as long as I can remember.
Trauma does not have to be the end of your life.
The thing the Lord has used the most is his people who love me.
Resources we mentioned: