Allen Taylor is an author, editor, and publisher. His most recent release is I Am Not the King, a personal testimony of his faith in Jesus Christ. Today, Allen shares with us the pentecostal church he was raised in, how study helped him escape legalism, and how he became a writer. Allen shares that grace is the key that helped him overcome sin. Allen’s story reminds us that the Lord is always working even when we struggle.
Listen to Allen’s story today!
Stories Allen shared:
- Working as a freelance technology author
- Growing up in a pentecostal church with a rageaholic father
- Joining the army and going to college
- How his life unravelled in college
- Asking God for a sign and the spontaneous praise he experienced
- How his Bible reading challenged his received faith
- Finding a church family after college
- Why grace is important as a concept
- Getting fired from a Christian bookseller
- Developing his resistance to temptation
- Struggling with God as father because of his relationship with his own father
- Dealing with anger as he matured
- Writing his testimony to his mom and how that became his book
Great quotes from Allen:
Legalism is evident to everyone except those who are in it.
God breaks down barriers.
Resources we mentioned:
Leave a Reply