Engel Jones is a podcaster and the best networker you’ve ever seen. He has to be because his podcast is all about 12 minute conversations and he’s done 2460 of them. Last year, he and his wife traveled the continental United States and Canada throughout the summer. I was privileged to sit down with Engel and his wife at Red Rocks park in beautiful Colorado while they were on that epic journey.
Today, Engel shares with us how growing up in an extended family influenced him, finding Christ in the religious melting pot of Trinidad, and how the Lord led him through divine connections. Engel sets tremendous goals and depends on the Lord to get them done. Even when he misses his target, he is still doing incredible things.
Give Engel’s story a listen!
Stories Engel shared:
- Growing up in an extended family in Trinidad
- Experiencing community of a large family
- Going to church every Sunday as a child
- The spiritual smorgasbord of Trinidad
- Experimenting with marijuana as a teenager
- Speaking in tongues for the first time
- Starting a business and getting off of marijuana
- How Gospel music and preaching helped him grow
- How God uses divine connections in his life
- How his podcast was inspired
- How his show has changed his life
- Setting tremendous goals to see what God will do
Great quotes from Engel:
I have never felt that God has left me.
Sometimes we need just one thing, one person to speak to us, to help us, to guide us to so much more.
Humanity is beautiful.
Resources we mentioned:
- Connect with Engel on LinkedIn
- Engel’s website
- Engel’s YouTube channel
- Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money by Rabbi Daniel Lapin
- The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
- Waking the Dead: The Secret to a Heart Fully Alive by John Eldredge
Other episodes about community: