Kelly Albright is a friend from long ago. We used to be coworkers and at the time, she did not know Jesus. A few months ago, she got in touch on LinkedIn and mentioned that she was now following him. Well, I couldn’t possibly miss the opportunity to learn how that happened so I invited Kelly to come on the show to share her experience.
Today, Kelly shares that she was always somewhat curious about the Lord but a little afraid. She sought a medium, had a dream about Christ’s love, and suffered spiritual attacks she after. Now, Kelly is following the Lord and growing in her faith step by step and it’s a beautiful thing.
Listen to Kelly’s story now!
Stories Kelly shared:
- Growing up in a non-Christian home, a little fascinated by the Bible but afraid of it
- Living her live life as an atheist and a “blasphemous God-hater”
- Visiting a medium in 2012
- Her wild past with drugs and how she now understands some of this as demonic
- Moving to San Diego and going to an a cultic church
- The dream of Christ that convinced her of his love
- Asking the Lord to show himself as the Way, Truth, and Life
- Throwing out her dreamcatchers, crystals, and new age items
- Praying for deliverance for weeks
- Getting some Biblical counseling
- Feeling like the Lord called her to stay in isolation for a period of time
Great quotes from Kelly:
The one thing that stood out about me as a little kid was the number of tears I cried.
God comes after you; you’re not coming after him.
God’s love language is sacrifice.
Resources we mentioned:
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- Patrick Meyers and the Kind Initiator
- Tony Weedor and The Cost of of the Gospel
- Tonya Jewell Blessing and the Servants See the Miracles