Sarah Geringer is a blogger, speaker and author of Transforming Your Thought Life: Christian Meditation in Focus. Today, Sarah shares how the Lord helped her overcome depression, why being a child of divorce stinks, and how she invested in her dream to become a writer. Sarah’s practice of Christian meditation using Scripture is a wonderful tool that will help you focus your thoughts in productive directions. If you are struggling with run away thoughts, Sarah’s story will encourage you because victory is possible.
Listen to Sarah’s story now!
Stories Sarah shared:
- Growing up in the middle of the Bible belt
- The heritage of faith in her family
- How her church and school class became her family after her parent’s divorce
- The shock of public school
- Giving her life to Christ and experiencing the peace of the presence
- Losing her best friend when she moved away
- Hearing the Spirit tell her she didn’t have to think suicidal thoughts anymore
- Experiencing relationship with Jesus
- The battlefield of the university classroom
- Giving up her scholarship to go to a different school
- Realizing marriage does not solve loneliness
- How being a child of divorce affected her
- Deciding to invest in herself with a writing
- Publishing her first traditionally published book
Great quotes from Sarah:
I knew his presence felt warm and comforting.
If you start with his Word then you start recognizing his voice. Then you can grow a very close an intimate relationship with him. His Word is the doorway to a deeper relationship with him.
I realized marriage is not the solution for loneliness and that was a crushing disappointment.
Resources we mentioned:
- Sarah’s website
- Sarah’s blog on divorce as Living Death
- Transforming Your Thought Life: Christian Meditation in Focus by Sarah Geringer
- Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit by Charles Stanley
- The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
- Chandler Bolt’s Self-Publishing School blog
- She Speaks Conference