Julie Court is an author, speaker and motivational coach. Today, Julie shares how she gave up on God after it seemed like he never came through, the friend who loved an angry girl, and how she learned to forgive. Julie has a very intimate relationship with Jesus and often talks with him and listens to where he wants her to go. She shares why she went to Kenya after an uprising to speak on forgiveness and how powerfully the Lord worked through her. And, we talk about her book, Incredible Life Makeover, as well. If you have a few things you need to lay down and forgive (isn’t that all of us?), this episode is for you!
Listen to Julie’s story now!
Stories Julie shared:
- Growing up in a home with alcoholism and divorce
- How the situation got worse when her mother remarried
- Giving up on God after suffering repeated abuse
- Meeting Miriam, the girl who loved her and answered her questions
- Joining campus ministries in college
- Getting married and choosing a life of family
- Learning forgiveness from mentors
- The stages of forgiveness
- Choosing to homeschool her children
- Going to Kenya after an uprising to speak about forgiveness
- Losing her husband when he abandoned the faith
- The five battle cries she writes
- Deciding to write a book about the process of forgiveness
Great quotes from Julie:
Not everyone will love someone who is as angry and dysfunctional as I was.
When God asks us to do something extraordinary, he’s going to do something extraordinary.
Only you can destroy your life.
Resources we mentioned:
- Julie’s website where you can get a free chapter of her book
- Incredible Life Makeover: Step-by-Step Transformation to Wholeness by Julie Court