Laura Padgett is an author, dancer, and public speaker, and sometimes an elf. Today, Laura shares how she found the Lord after resisting him for years, the woman who invested deeply in her, and why she started to write stories. Laura is a passionate believer who reminds us of the power of solid mentor relationships and the joy that’s possible if you just trust the Lord. By the end of this episode, you’ll want to dance with the Lord and I wholeheartedly recommend you accept the invitation.
Listen to Laura’s story now!
Stories Laura shared:
- How she became an elf and the joy it
- Growing up in a nonreligious home knowing there must be a higher purpose
- Feeling like there was something wrong with her
- Running away from Denver to escape her parents
- The shouting match and dream that led her to the Lord
- Learning to forgive her parents and accept the Lord as Father
- Going to church kicking and screaming
- Meeting Dolores, who would mentor her in the faith
- Learning to dance for the Lord
- Why we should learn to dance and be connected to our bodies
- How she got her masters degree
- Why Laura started writing
Great quotes from Laura:
I went a good deal fo my life wondering what’s wrong with me, even after I met Jesus.
I’m that child that learned no early and uses it frequently.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could not be so self-conscious all the time?
God does not give unusable gifts.
We have a subscription – lifetime – to humanity.
Resources we mentioned:
- Laura’s website
- Laura’s blog posts Little Drummer Girl, Some Gave All,
- Dolores, Like the River
- Jesus in Shorts: Twenty-five Short Stories of Life-Changing Jesus Moments