- Growing up in Vancouver, BC
- Leaving church after his parent’s divorce but still with an idea of God
- The books that inspired Ryan to take his discipleship more seriously
- How he began to understand God’s larger mission
- Discovering imaginative prayer and how it gives him life
- Learning that play is delightful to God
- Discovering that he can be on mission in unique ways
- How finding the Enneagram helped him discover himself
- How he wrestles with God over a desire
- Writing on his blog and ebooks
Great quotes from Ryan:
When we play, when we try new things, our parent God as our Heavenly Father, delights in that.
Community is important to balance these ideas.
The Enneagram can really help toward church unity at a time when we need it.
Whoever God has made you to be, own it and know that God is pleased with you.
Resources we mentioned:
- Ryan’s website and his free ebook on the Enneagram, 9 Kinds
- The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Treasure Principle Bible Study: Unlocking the Secret of Joyful Giving by Randy Alcorn
- The Next Evangelicalism: Freeing the Church from Western Cultural Captivity by Soong-Chan Rah
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader: How Transforming Your Inner Life Will Deeply Transform Your Church, Team, and the World by Peter Scazzero
- Suzanne Stabile and How the Enneagram Helps Relationships
- Jim Gum and Healing through Enneagram
- Cliff Ravenscraft and Finding Yourself in Christ
- Marc Schelske and the Wisdom of Your Heart
Practice the spiritual discipline of lectio divina:
Jesus is Willing: An 8 Day Experience
Jesus is Willing: An 8 Day Experience is short so you can fit it into your schedule. Read the days consecutively or even once a week and still get enormous value. It's full of questions that I guarantee will make you think.