- Growing up in San Diego in a troubled background
- Learning his father was a famous diamond thief
- Going to a Billy Graham meeting and deciding to follow Jesus
- Missions trips that began to foster a love for missions
- His calling to missions in Mexico where he discovered the oral nature of learning
- Learning how to minister to Mexican tribes
- Discovering that many oral cultures have great memories
- The method he developed to help oral cultures learn the Bible
- How is wife died quickly from breast cancer
- Dealing with God as his father
Great quotes from Jim:
I was tired of the excuses my father was giving me and I wanted to obey that voice from within.
We need to find a way to share the Gospel without using technology.
We teach people that Jesus first was a storyteller.
Resources we mentioned:
- Building Bridges to Oral Cultures: Journeys Among the Least-Reached by K. Carla Bowman with Jim Bowman
- Scriptures in Use